192.168.1.2 is a combination of binary digits. These digits are mainly assigned by the manufacturing companies of networking devices to their routers. Fundamentally, these binary digits are recognized as the IP Address or Internet Protocol Address of your networking device, which allows you to access the main setting page or web interface. With the help of 192.168.1.2 IP, users can conveniently modify or change different Service Set Identifier settings of the network including resetting the default passwords, refresh rates, and others.
It is extremely important to understand that these are usually static and default addresses and users cannot alter or change such internet protocol addresses of their devices. Likewise, not all manufacturing companies use the same IP address for their routers.
Hence, today our aim is to introduce different Internet protocol addresses to our readers and share some basic information about the router’s web interface. By the end of this article, our readers will be able to understand about the web interface or the main setting page, changing necessary credentials settings, network refresh rate, usage, and other Service Set Identifier SSID settings.
Some routers might have a different static IP address. Although, 192.168.1.2 is the most commonly used IP address but still manufacturers can install some other binary digits range as discussed above. So, just don’t get panic and follow these simple steps to find out your router’s IP address.
- You may find it on the back of your router is written on company’s sticker.
- You can also look for it at the flip side of your router along with the serial number and MAC address.
- Another simple way is to connect your router with your computer, go to the settings, right click on the router name and you will find your router’s IP in the properties.
- Typically, it is on the back side of your router so it won’t be difficult for you.
How to access 192.168.1.2 IP Address?
Once you are done with the connection of your computer with your router either via Wi-Fi or internet connection, it is not necessary to access the administrative console or the web interface. But if you are facing any issues related to the connection or using it for the first time then you must need an administrative console for your assistance. So, let’s dig out the process as to how to connect to your static IP address.
NOTE: – Make sure you are connected to the same router on which you want to access the portal. It is preferred to use sophisticated browsers like Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox since it requires HTML5 support to initiate the process.
- Open any web browser such as Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Firefox, etc.
- On the URL bar of your web browser, enter your static IP address.
- A window will pop up and you will be required to enter username and password.
- Your default username and password is already given with your static IP address.
- Usually, the username is “admin” and password is “admin”. Try these words, besides, look at the back of your device or it will be displayed with your IP address.
You can also reset the route’s settings to its original factory default setting. This will change the current password to its default one as printed on the back of your router.
Let’s take a glimpse of the web portal as how it looks like
Trouble Reaching Web Portal:
Trying out your static IP address for the first time or using it to view the current settings of your router, you will be required to follow the steps given above. But what if, you are unable to access the web portal. There could be a bundle of reasons which we want to highlight here. Some basic errors users make during the whole process could be any of the following reasons:
- A user might be entering the IP address incorrectly. (e.g.: https:\\192.168.1.2 or www.192.168.1.2 or 192.168.1.2.com)
- This IP address is assigned to other devices too (in case if you’re connected to multiple devices from Ethernet and Wi-Fi)
- There are chances that the user is writing the IP address in the Google search bar rather than the URL bar.
Although these steps are very simple and even a newbie using a router can understand the process very easily, these small mistakes are annoying. So keep this troubleshooting in your mind beforehand.
Forget 192.168.1.2 IP Username & Password
Once we have entered the 192.168.1.2 IP address and followed the process, a window will pop up and you will be asked to enter your username and password given by the manufacturer or pasted on your router.
Usually, manufacturing companies assign the “admin” as a username and “admin” as password but few other words might be assigned too by the other companies.
Nonetheless, we being human beings are bounded to dismiss such things from memory and possibly can forget the password anytime. Even then don’t panic because we know the solution and will be sharing right here.
- Reset your router’s setting by pressing a small reset button located on the back of your router.
- Use a small pin or pencil or pen for this purpose.
- Hold the reset button for about 10 to 15 seconds with the pin. After a while, you will experience the lights on your router, they will flash and blink. This depicts that changed settings have been reset and modified now. One obvious thing would be that all of the lights will disappear for a second and you will feel like your router has just started.
It is now reset to the default settings and hence you can use the default username and password provided by the company. Else, just look for it on the back or flip side of your router.
The web portal or Main Settings:
If you have successfully provided the username and password, the URL page will take you to the web portal or the main setting page of your router.
The web portal or main setting page is designed differently by diverse producers. Keeping their company’s preferences, they provide the user with networking settings and device information. Some commonly added features and settings available on the web portals are:
- LAN Settings
- WLAN Settings
- Internet Settings
- Routing Settings
- Networking Settings
- Security Settings
Web Interface Characteristics:
Web interface consists of all your important factors such as Wi-Fi protocol setup, LAN setup, Internet WAN, Wireless settings, Firewall settings and many more.
You can easily go through all of these settings one by one and make changes according. We all know that in today’s world, data security is the most important factor, so keeping your Wi-Fi non-accessible to cyber hackers is the most important factors.
The default name of your connection is the manufacturer’s name, but you can create it with your name or with any word depending on your preferences.
Port forwarding can be done via Wi-Fi routers. Since multiple users can connect to the router, nevertheless you can restrict it to the specific number of users from 1 to 100. But make it sure that you the maximum connection capacity of your device.
Making the best use of our routers can only be done if we know the characteristics of it. We tried our best to make it simple for your understanding your router’s properties in all possible ways. Hopefully, we will be now able to get full out of it.
From the basic information to panel settings have been clearly discussed here regarding your router. The interfaces may vary from device to device but the purpose and the usage remain the same for this static IP address. Moreover, some troubleshooting as discussed above will also be helpful for our readers to enjoy their device functionality.