CISCO ROUTER LOGIN
We are sharing this article to assist our readers in the Cisco Router Login, setup, troubleshooting, Wireless Settings, Router Page Setup, and maintenance.
This will guide the user step by step to login to the web-based admin page of Cisco router and enable them to understand settings of their device. Like other routers, Cisco uses a web-based configuration page for their routers.
A static IP address is assigned to all the routers to access this web portal, allowing users to personalize the settings. Let’s head over to the steps that will guide us to the main page.
CISCO Router Login IP address
Like others, Cisco manufacturer has assigned 192.168.1.1 IP address to their routers. This is one of the most popular IP address in the world as it is easy to remember.
Though the series starts from 192.168.0.x but apparently users have accepted this IP address worldwide as the default IP address of networking world.
The IP address or gateway address to the admin page remains the same until and unless it is changed by the users. However, one should verify the IP address of his router before heading towards the admin page. Just follow the easy step given below:
- Check the IP address on the back side of your router. It will be printed on the sticker along with other information related to your router.
- Check it on the flip side or on the retail box of your router.
- You can check it on your computer as well. First, go to the control panel then go the network and setting page. Right click on the Cisco router icon, go the properties and find IPv4 in the device properties. IP address mentioned in front of IPv4 is your router gateway address.
Once it is done and you have confirmed your IP address, head over to the main page.
For that, a web browser will be required and the following procedure will lead to the admin page or login page.
- Open any web browser and go the URL bar.
- Enter your IP address 192.168.1.1 in the URL bar and hit enter.
- A new window prompts for a username and password. Enter your admin credentials like your username and password. Generally, the username is “admin and password is “admin” for Cisco routers. Try out these admin credentials. Once your credentials are approved, it will head over to the admin page.
Troubleshooting 192.168.1.1 router settings IP For Cisco Router Login and Wireless Settings
Users may face error finding login page due to some issues. This could happen due to wrong admin credentials or wrong IP address
If you are changing even a single dot in your binary set of IP address, you will get fail to access the login page. When you enter the IP address, make sure the format is not changed such as www.192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.1.com or http:192.168.1.1.
You should also make sure that you are typing the gateway address in the URL bar rather than in the search bar. The browser shall also support HTML5 format as well because these login pages are designed in that pattern.
Next and the most imperative step is to enter the right admin credentials of your router. Anyone of the wrong thing entered will lead to an error page.
If this is the first time you are accessing your router’s login page, you should try the default username and password given with the router.
If it is already been used and you are trying the default admin credential, it might have been changed by any user previously. For that, you don’t need to panic as we have a very simple solution to rectify the problem.
- Push the reset button located on the back of your router.
- Use any sharp pin to push the button for 30 seconds.
- Your router will restart after a while and all the settings will be reset to default ones as assigned by the manufacturer along with the username and password.
- Even the IP address is also reset to default one if in any case it has been modified by any user.
Cisco Login Page
Cisco login Page consists of following parameters that are designed to help users utilize the router in the best way.
We would suggest that once you have gained access to the login page, the first and the foremost thing to be done is to change the SSID name and password.
This will help you to secure your router from anonymous hackers.
Theses day the best security settings on the router are WPA/WPA2. Keep it if is the default one otherwise you can change from the wireless settings page.
Port management, system management, firewall settings, VPN, Log of users and setup wizards are all the options displayed on the login page.
They may differ in names or sequence depending on the model and region.
We would like our readers to follow the easiest procedures to visit your login page. Make the best out of it and use your router in a smart way and save your time.